TheLifeguardStore.com, the go to store for all of your swim and lifeguard needs, offers capable and determined people the opportunity to do outstanding work in their field at a progressive and expanding company.
With headquarters located in Normal, Illinois, The Lifeguard Store offers an ambitious and casual work environment. We honor and distinguish exemplary work in your respective field. Benefits for full-time employees include medical, paid vacations/holidays, Simple IRA, and advancement opportunities.
Interested applicants should:
Interested applicants should print and complete the application via the Employment Application pdf link. Scan and send application along with resume and cover letter if applicable to:
Contact Human Resources at email@example.com or fax application to the attention of Human Resources at: 309-451-5959.
Retail & Event Associate (Part-time)
The Swim Team Store | Wheeling, IL (United States)
The Swim Team Store / All American Swim is a leader in the competitive swim industry. We are part of the swim team / retail division of The Lifeguard Store. We are currently looking for a few part time retail & event associates to work at our pop up shops at swim meets in the Chicagoland areas (including Chicago & suburbs) on the weekends. Some weekday hours may also be available in our Wheeling store.
If you’re energetic, outgoing, and especially a morning person, this is a great job for you! You’ll be setting up our store by merchandising displays, setting up the signage for promos, and selling our merchandise to families at the swim meets. Great job for stay at home parents, college students and someone looking for a 2nd job on the weekend!
- Customer service / retail experience
- Friendly, outgoing, and sociable personality
- Basic computer skills - POS experience is a plus
- Ability to work independently, and make decisions as needed
- Reliable transportation to drive to swim meets in Chicago and suburbs
- Must be available on weekends, as early as 5:30 am
- Able to move and lift up to 30 pounds
- Must be able to stand for an extended amount of time
- Retail Sales: 1 year
Outside Sales Representative
The Lifeguard Store | Sales Department | Normal, IL United States
The Lifeguard Store, which also encompasses All American Swim.com and Swim Shops of the Southwest, offers talented, professional, self-motivated people with great attention to detail and a substantial knowledge of the competitive swimming world the opportunity to do the best work of their lives in a dynamic, innovative, growing company.
With headquarters located in Normal, Illinois, and colleagues across the United States, we are proud to offer a fun, energetic, and entrepreneurial work environment. At The Lifeguard Store we recognize that in order to be the best in our field, we must have the best team. We are currently searching for the right person to expand our competitive swim brand in Florida and along the East Coast. Who is the right person? He or she is resourceful, a self-starter, a problem solver and has a positive attitude even in times of stress. Our candidate is independent and responsible with a high level of dedication to producing quality work. Our candidate has existing connectivity within the swimming community – and when not – is personable, outgoing and engaging enough to reach out and make meaningful connections with current and potential clients.
As a part of The Lifeguard Store team, our sales representatives respond accurately and efficiently to our customer’s needs via phone and e-mail. Our successful candidate is able to utilize the computer and phone with accuracy and efficiency, including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Sales Force, and Sales Pad. This individual has an empathetic attitude, is friendly to all and is self-motivated to work remotely. Our candidate’s goal is to increase profitability by maintaining our existing customer base and generating new customers. This individual must be communicative and able to work as part of a team as well as report to management. At The Lifeguard Store, we believe in recognizing and rewarding hard work. Benefits for full-time employees include medical, paid vacations/holidays, Simple IRA with matching and advancement opportunities.
- Responsible to know and understand all products on The Lifeguard Store website
- Responsible for generating and following up on new sales leads
- Maintain high levels of customer service
- Utilize the computer and phone with accuracy and efficiency
- Provide accurate information to our customers regarding products and orders
- Maintain a positive attitude when dealing with all customers, co-workers, and vendors
- Trade shows, regional event sales, championship meets
- Two-five years in an inside/outside sales related field
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Attention to detail and follow through
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Windows software
- Great phone personality and fast typing skills
Interested candidates should email Resume, (3) Professional References and Cover Letter including salary expectation to: Amy@thelifeguardstore.com
Please email your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org