Introduction to Adapted Aquatics DVD
- Buy 12 for $22.00 each and save 12%
Availability: Usually Ships within 24 hours
Introduction to Adapted Aquatics is a 45-minute DVD of the best practices in adapted aquatics today. The closed-captioned DVD focuses on people with disabilities, their access to swimming, and adaptations to instructional aquatics programs.
- Introduction to Adapted Aquatics demonstrates procedures for aquatic assessments recommendations for goals, objectives, and placement training of staff and modifications to instructions, strategies, equipment, policies, and swim strokes.
- This DVD assists aquatics personnel in advocating for and supporting people with disabilities, specifically children and teens, who want to pursue aquatics and swimming activities as a means to self-fulfillment, wellness, fitness, health, and use of leisure time.
- Additional information includes the following Focus on the five most common disabilities that swim instructors will encounter Safety information Guidance on assessment so that students can be appropriately included in swim instruction programs Strategies for modification to swim skills and teaching methodologies so that people with disabilities can achieve success and satisfaction through aquatics Suggestions for instructors who might be new to working with people with disabilities and who are not yet confident of their abilities in this area.
- The DVD features international expert Dr. Monica Lepore and is produced and copyrighted by Rothhammer International in conjunction with Human Kinetics.