If you are lucky enough to own a pool, you will need to make sure you keep your pool clean and ready for use! Sure you may feel like it takes a lot of work and maintenance, but once you hop in there on a hot sizzling day – it’s worth it! Let’s get going!
To reduce buildup, be sure to wipe down the tile often.
- Keep an active eye on the level of the pool to guarantee water level.
- Cleaning your filters is a MUST! Your filters especially need cleaned after a heavy storm. This is something that doesn’t need to be done often, so it’s easy to forget! Try doing this ever 4-6 months. Make a memo on the calendar if it helps!
- Use a Pool Test Kit 2-3 times a week to ensure proper chemistry.
- Skimmer basket(s) and pumps should be cleaned out weekly or as needed.
- Be sure to check the Deck-Chlor/Inline Chlorinator once per week for any necessary adjustments.
- If you have an ozone unit, keep an eye on it and make sure the light is on. Be careful not to break any connections.
- Keep all chemicals in a safe, dry place with no direct sunlight.
Chemical Pool Ranges
- Alkalinity: 80-150
- Calcium Hardness: 150-300
- Chlorine Residuals: Per Label
- Combined Chlorine: 0-.5
- Cyanuric Acid: 0-50 ppm
- PH: 7.2-7.6